After 5 1/2 years of owning KW Fitness and working with hundreds of people, do you think we’ve seen some common themes? You bet. The struggles and frustrations are very similar amongst the people who walk in our doors. It’s unfortunate, but many people seem to have a vicious cycle that they have a hard time getting out of, which is why they seek us out. We are known as a “results center” for a reason, because we help people break out of these vicious cycles!
What are some of these common struggles we hear?
“I’ve tried everything and nothing seems to work”
“I lost weight by doing _____ but I gained it all back when I stopped”
“I don’t know what exercises I should be doing to get results”
“I used to be in shape but I hit menopause and I just can’t seem to lose this (belly fat/extra weight)”
“I don’t have the energy that I used to have and I need to make a change”
Mistakes that people make:
1) They buy into fads
– wraps, pills, creams, “too good to be true” promises by wannabe fitness coaches with no legitimate education
2) They try crash dieting (Keto, Atkins, Whole 30, “Cleansing”, No Carb, Low Carb, high fat, no fat, Shakes, etc..)
3) The expect results in just a few weeks or months
4) They focus on cardio-only workouts
5) They try to do it on their own
What you should actually do:
1) Focus on strength/resistance training exercises to lose weight
– Cardio-only is not enough to see results! Resistance training is the fastest and most efficient way to build muscle and burn fat!
2) Eat the right way!!
– do you eat too much at each meal? Not enough?
– Are your meals balanced with the right amount of protein, carbs and fats?
– Do you stick to whole foods? Or are many of your meals processed?
– Are you lost with what you should be eating or how to prepare healthy food that you actually like?
Go here to set up a consultation with one of our Food Coaches
3) Focus on long term, maintainable habits
– For example, don’t “cut things out” temporarily if you don’t think it’s something you can sustain.
4) Seek out professionals that know what they’re doing
– We continually educate our team, and we only hire people who want to keep learning about our industry! All of our staff are Certified Personal Trainers, Certified Food Coaches from legitimate sources, and many have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science or a similar education.
5) BE PATIENT
– Did the weight come on in just a few weeks?! Most likely not! Then obviously it’s going to take longer than that to lose! This is a marathon, not a sprint. This is a journey, not a destination.